Anne Marie -
So, after spending most of the day outside I decided to cut my hair short. Partially because of the heat / humidity but mostly because of the insane amount of wind here. My hair was almost impossible to untangle, even for Jason. So I asked for Jason to cut it shorter and it's now MUCH shorter, more so than I expected. :) I expect this will make life easier here for me at least. Jason's hair is going even more curly / frizzy due to the climate, if you can believe that.
After our little shopping spree today I now have a new bikini. There are bikini stores everywhere but finding one with bikinis in suitable colors for a extremely pale skin tone was challenging. A lot of people here are darker skinned naturally or extremely tan. Jason needed sunglasses because he forgot them so he got new ones. He also got a shirt and sandals. I don't think I've ever seen him wear sandals before but he decided they made more sense than his doc martins and socks, especially for the beach.
A couple of odd things here, there are stores I don't recognise that are extremely prevalent. One in particular is called "ABC" of which there is literally at least one per block, sometimes two or three. They are sort of like a convenience store crossed with a department store, I'd never seen anything like it before. The other strange thing from today was getting accosted by a man with two parrots who put one in Jason's hands, another on his head, used Jason's camera to take pictures of us with these birds and then asked for $10 "to feed the parrots". That's certainly an interesting business he's got. Anyway, Jason's falling asleep so I should probably go now.
So, after spending most of the day outside I decided to cut my hair short. Partially because of the heat / humidity but mostly because of the insane amount of wind here. My hair was almost impossible to untangle, even for Jason. So I asked for Jason to cut it shorter and it's now MUCH shorter, more so than I expected. :) I expect this will make life easier here for me at least. Jason's hair is going even more curly / frizzy due to the climate, if you can believe that.
After our little shopping spree today I now have a new bikini. There are bikini stores everywhere but finding one with bikinis in suitable colors for a extremely pale skin tone was challenging. A lot of people here are darker skinned naturally or extremely tan. Jason needed sunglasses because he forgot them so he got new ones. He also got a shirt and sandals. I don't think I've ever seen him wear sandals before but he decided they made more sense than his doc martins and socks, especially for the beach.
A couple of odd things here, there are stores I don't recognise that are extremely prevalent. One in particular is called "ABC" of which there is literally at least one per block, sometimes two or three. They are sort of like a convenience store crossed with a department store, I'd never seen anything like it before. The other strange thing from today was getting accosted by a man with two parrots who put one in Jason's hands, another on his head, used Jason's camera to take pictures of us with these birds and then asked for $10 "to feed the parrots". That's certainly an interesting business he's got. Anyway, Jason's falling asleep so I should probably go now.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home